Monday, January 1, 2018

Walking into the new year

The Lord our God said to us at Horeb, “You have stayed long enough at this mountain. Break camp and advance into the hill country of the Amorites; go to all the neighboring peoples in the Arabah, in the mountains, in the western foothills, in the Negev and along the coast, to the land of the Canaanites and to Lebanon, as far as the great river, the Euphrates. See, I have given you this land. Go in and take possession of the land the Lord swore he would give to your fathers—to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob—and to their descendants after them.”  (Deuteronomy 1:6-8) 


Washing dishes tonight and God started writing a blog....lol. Yesterday I posted some thoughts on my word and verse for the year. Then last night I watched an amazing watch/prayer service to ring in the New Year....there is something incredible about bringing in the New Year with the One who made it New. Anyway on to tonight's blog...

I love the passage of scripture from Deuteronomy that I included above, but I've never looked at it in terms of a New Year. Usually, this is the passage God takes me to when it's time to move on a from a spot that I seem to keep circling. I'm good at that, but anyway. I don't know what 2017 held for you. I know for me it involved a lot of layers, a lot of looking at some stuff that I had stuffed away and getting real with myself and God. It involved some transparent times where I had to go this is my circus and these are my monkeys, now God what do I do about it. If you are going to ask God what to do about it, then be prepared for Him to not only tell you, show you, and nudge you to that place. He'll get you as close as He can....before you have to take the steps to keep moving forward.  God moved mountains in 2017, He parted waters, made paths straight, and restored what only He could. I've still got a post or two to write about all that He did...Maybe you still have some prayers you need to be answered from 2017, maybe you are still waiting on God to give you feeling back in your legs so you can walk forward and not be carried, maybe you are waiting on the door to open for that thing you've been praying and believing for...We make resolutions, goals each year at this time...some are the same as we have made year after year. We start off strong and then find our strength fading when the drive of the new isn't there anymore...and we end up circling the mountain again. 

2018...God's saying You've stayed long enough on that mountain. We are living in Joel 2:28 days. If you haven't experienced it...get where He's pouring out. God's looking for a people that are ready to quit circling the same mountain and take the promised land, those things He said were ours for the taking. It's time for the greater that's been promised, for the miracles, signs, and wonders. It's time to stop being the dry bones and being the one who speaks life to the bones around us. It's time to take the promised land that He said was ours.....

This was a preaching to myself moment before I ever started to type. So many times we carry things from one year to the next when God's looking to release more to us...but our hands are full of yesterday's junk. This is the year of Release.....

(Hear my heart for a minute...Life is a process and we are all works in progress. I know a lot of that "junk" isn't something you can easily let go of sometimes. It takes precision to pry fingers off of things and to let go of what may have been in your grip for way too long. That's a conversation for you and God....take the time to listen to what He's saying sweet reader and then do. This is the year of releasing messes to Him for Him to release the message through us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment