Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Back at it...

 



This is probably the longest I've been away from writing on this blog. I've got lots of notes in various journals and honestly about five drafts sitting in here that I could never somehow manage to press publish on. My last blog post was right before the one years hit. Those are blogs for another day....

Over the last 18 months, I think we have all been trying to find our footing for one reason or another. While it looks like the storm is still raging outside (and it is, let's be honest...), the water is lapping at our feet, but we have a choice to make. Do we hop in the boat again and know that it is a safe place and we will make it to the other side or do we keep inching our way along on the water knowing if He said it, it is done? 

We can't get distracted by how the wind feels right now in the middle of what seems to be a never-ending rainstorm in our world. The other side is coming, He promised it. This is the time to dig in, stay close to Him, and listen for when He says to do. I know I spent a lot of time this summer just resting. Last school year was difficult for a myriad of reasons and I didn't realize how much my body needed it. We have got to keep some things in balance. There are going to be days when our feels are louder than we would like (lately it seems to be most days), but we have to stand on what He has promised. There have been several moments lately when the side effects of my long-term med seemed to be wanting to stick around and I was like God you said No weapon formed against me shall prosper, now these things have been around long enough I need a break. The word works when we do what He said to do....now I have a part to play in the process, but the side effects eased up when I got in alignment with what God had told me. It is so important to journal and write down for those moments what God has been pouring out to you, so you can recall them for such a time as this. 

I promise you if you will press in, you will find the hem of His garment. Don't quit when the crowd is bumping up against you and causing you to have anxious thoughts. The woman with the issue of blood had reached a point where enough was enough and she didn't let the crowd she pressed through stop her from what she was going after. If she had stopped after a few people bumped into her, she may never have reached the hem of the One she was seeking after. 

More blogs to come, I promise. God said it was time to get back to telling what He was pouring out, so I'm listening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment