Monday, April 15, 2024

Where is your seed falling?

 


This section of scripture has been a discussion point this past weekend between me and God. I wasn't sure where He was headed when He kept talking about seed, but it aligned with a devotional I was working through. Stay with me for a minute and see if you can catch this. So many times we lose sight of what we bring to each day especially at the end of the day when we are exhausted and second guessing if anything good was accomplished. I'm fully aware of why I take my blood pressure pill in the afternoon, but that's a blog for another day. So many times the weight of the day is on us at the end of the day. There is good in moments throughout the day, hence the seed that you have planted. The enemy would LOVE nothing more than for you to see that seed falling on rocky soil or among the thorns. The goal of the enemy is to steal, kill, and destroy so it makes sense that he would be after the seed. Consider now if you can look back on your day (even if you can't see it) and trust that God let your seed fall on good soil. See the difference in the approach? Hear my heart I know how hard it is at the end of the day sometimes, ask anyone I talked to this afternoon. I knew somehow something had to shift because I was feeling worn on this Monday. That's when God reminded me of this set of verses and our discussion this weekend. We don't always know where our seed will land, but if we will trust the One who gave us the seed to plant and sow in the first place....that He really is working even when we can't see it, then we can rest knowing our seed was on good soil. We can rest knowing that God can take what we did with the day and make some good with it, even if we are standing back looking at going, was this really only Monday. Ya'll this time of the year is long, and the struggle to wear down and out is real. This is when we have to trust the One who said we can run with eagles and not grow weary. We have to see the day through His eyes even if it's not quite in view, knowing that He's holding the kaleidoscope and the picture is clear to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment