Friday, June 26, 2015

Tap into the Power

I've been at a dry spot for the last couple of months. I have an idea of how I got there, but that's between me and God. It may be a blog later, but for now it's still between me and Him. I've been on a journey towards freedom and been leaving everything He has revealed at His feet. Exhausted from going back to past hurts, past disappointments, and past failures is not an easy task. He knew it would be tough, but He also knew how amazing the other side would be. He's been revealing things intensely over the last couple of weeks. I thought I had taken care of everything, until He revealed yet another last night. Oh the discussion He and I had on that one. The ending result.....He gets it. He has control and in the end the glory is His alone. In the end, I am responsible for what He has told me, called me to do, and made me to be. That is a deep truth if you let it sink in.....on to a new post ;-)

There is a power inside each and every child of God. Don't believe me, check the scriptures. We have the same power that raised Lazarus from the dead, that same power lives within us...yet some will never tap into it. Could it be fear? Could it be complacency? I don't know, that's up for each individual to answer. Could it be that we have spent so much of our lives listening to what others told us to do, who to be, that we forgot to look at what God said and who God told us to be? It's time for the royal priesthood to take a stand. As a child of the Most High, we are all called. Called to minister to others, called to speak His truths, called to tell others about Him, and called to stand up for His truths. It's time we walk that calling out. It's time we quit relying on someone else to do it for us and we start doing what's right period. Fear has kept the church silent for too long. Fear has kept Christians relying on the paid staff members to do all of the ministry work. We all have a calling, listen and let Him tell you where yours is and then live it out. It may be a calling of hospitality and service, a calling for children's ministry, a calling of prayer and encouragement....whatever He tells you and leads you , He will sustain you. Sustaining means keeping...He will keep you when others want to discourage you, He will encourage. He will remind you with whispers of peace, when the enemy tries to sow fear. Your steps will be His steps, your thoughts His thoughts.....it's a sweet place(but hear me when I say...it makes the enemy MAD!). When you find your sweet spot, be prepared for the enemy to come at you with your weaknesses (Discouragement, fear, doubt....). Just remember who is stronger than your weaknesses and who has already won the battle! You are stronger than your weaknesses, not because of who you are, but because of who He is inside of you! He has already won the battle for you, the end of the story has already been written, Keep that in mind sweet child when it feels like the storm is getting the better of you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment