Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Walking out the healing process.....

 I know it's been a month since my first blog, but ya'll January was a wild time to be a teacher. Anyway, there have been lots of notes in my journals over this 2021 time period, but God's just now connecting some things for a blog post. (He's probably been connecting for a while, but I'm seeing it finally). 

This has the possibility to be a real and raw post.....I'm one month away from an anniversary day. I have three of them in my life now, but this one stands out a little different. For this one I finally learned how to fight, how to stand, and more importantly how to trust that He had already gone before me to prepare each and every detail. If you are new to the blog, take a look at some of my posts from April on last year. 

Yesterday I had a procedure in the process, the last one from what I'm being told. During this procedure, a lot of things started coming together. Sometimes God gives us our healing instantly or suddenly, and sometimes it's a process. It's also our responsibility to steward that healing well. In other words, take care of what God has done in you so He can do more through you. That's a blog for another day.....but yesterday I started thinking. The procedure yesterday wasn't one I had to do, and honestly, I almost talked myself out of it more than once. Yesterday though I saw God bringing things full circle. You see during 21 days I had asked Him for eyes to see as He sees. There are days when all I see our scars when I look in the mirror, and a couple of weeks ago as I was putting vitamin E on them God whispered so sweetly oil for the scars. Stay with me....sometimes things in the natural reflect things in the spiritual. We all have scars, life happens, people hurt us, they let us down, circumstances overwhelm us, the path that was supposed to go right all of a sudden seems to take you left. These moments happen and oftentimes they leave a wound in their place. In time that wound heals, but the scars are still left.......oh but there is oil to help those scars fade. You see over time, vitamin E oil helps scars fade away in the natural.....and over time oil from the Father's flow can help scars on the inside heal as well. It takes time though...We have to stay the course, walk in obedience, and not lose sight that the One who called us is Faithful and He will do it! 

I know it's not easy to walk in discipline, but just as we steward our money....I think 2020 has taught us all to steward our time as well. Let's not get caught up in wishing we were back in Egypt when the Jordan River stands before us. Let's not take a glance backward and see what we left behind....all the time risking being a pillar of salt. The plow we've been called to put our hands on doesn't work in reverse.  I felt like Jacob last night wrestling with God on some of this, but I was determined not to leave without a word....a connection of some of those pieces that I so desperately needed to see movement on. 

I'm determined more than ever to stay faithful to walk in what He's called me to do...

More blogs are coming, I promise (and I know I say that every time...lol) 

By the way, if you haven't heard the podcast episode that posted last month on Sarah Johson's In Awe Series, check it out here: http://inawetorise.com/2021/01/episode-106-in-awe-of-melissa-mann-overcomer-series/




No comments:

Post a Comment