Friday, February 19, 2021

"You are close like no other"


 

We've had a snow week and it was a much-needed break from the pressures that seem to accompany this time of the year. I wish I could tell you I'm all caught up with everything I was behind on when this week started, but I'm not. I am however rested and filled up in a way that I needed. Time alone and with really no place to go or schedule to fill allowed for lots of God discussions. God's been waiting to connect some dots for me, but He was waiting on me to get still enough to hear Him. There is a different level of listening that's required to hear some of those deep things, those things we have been seeking after and going after in His presence. Don't get me wrong, some days God and I have a good discussion in the shower, driving places, or just in quick moments here and there. There is something about the uninterrupted time in His presence that takes it to another level. 


I've had lots of time to reflect this week and am still humbled and in awe of just how much God has moved over the last 11 months. I can't believe it as I type this, it's almost been a year. Most people are talking about it's been a year battling COVID, for me this year has held a different kind of journey (mixed in with the COVID mess for sure). Some days my feelings want to question how and why things went the way they did, but then I catch a glimpse from His perspective and I'm humbled and in awe of how things went the way they did. He truly went before me and covered each step of the way (and still is).  


The lyrics of this song are powerful...."all my life you've been faithful.." "You've led me through the fire, you are close like no other". I can see so much parallel to the last 11 months in this song. Sometimes we don't understand the rain when it comes because we have lost sight of the seed we have in the ground. That whole revelation is probably a blog in itself to come later. 2020 offered a lot of rain and 2021 has started with rain for so many as well....but without the rain, the seed wouldn't have an opportunity to take root and grow. Keep perspective....I know it's not easy, trust there are still moments when I have to have a pep talk with myself and stir up the faith that I know is on the inside of me. Don't let the pressures of normal cause you to lose sight of what God is doing in you (and anticipate what He is setting up to do through you!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment