Thursday, July 3, 2014

The sinkable "moments"

I started to title this as "The Sinakables" but I'm not sure that is a word. I had to tell God I was sorry last night for letting a sinkable in yet again. It almost happened again this morning, but I am starting to recognize where they are coming from a lot quicker. Those of you that know me really well know that I am my own worst enemy. If I can question it, or doubt it, I will. I can believe things for other people all day long, but I struggle to believe them for myself at times. Hence those sinkable moments. If we never take a step out of the boat, we will never believe Him when He says we can walk on water. Mind you stay focused once you take the step out of the boat, because the sinkables would rather you stay in the comfort zone. The enemy doesn't want us to find out we can walk on water, much less do it. The enemy thrives when we are in our people pleasing mode and when we can't see that our actions and words matter. The hardest thing to do is to be positive inside when the world around you is negative, but that is what God calls us to do. He never said it would be easy or that it wouldn't be a fight, but if we want to experience that walk on water kind of faith we have to be different. I almost let different slide away and pick up the blender instead. Being different means not caring what others do or don't do(not in a selfish matter, but you don't let what someone gets away with or doesn't do bother you). You are accountable for you period. Being different means not analyzing something to death trying to figure out what was really meant. God gives us a wonderful gift of discernment, use it. When He puts the pieces together, it doesn't mean its for you to share your "thoughts". It means it is for you to know what YOU need to do. Others are watching your actions and can ask questions later if need to. (Ouch). God will let you in on the time when the pieces need to be shared. Unless someone else has the same gift you do at the same level, they will not understand your thought process. Trust God to show you who you can share with and provide those "confirmation" moments. If someone doesn't respect you, appreciate you, or accept you for the You He made you to be, do they really need to be someone whose opinion, words, actions keeps you up at night?

Sinkable moments happen every day and often times more than once. I'm thankful for them in a way, because if I had never experience one I wouldn't know He could pick me back up. Now that you know that though, don't keep sinking in the same spot over and over. Walk forward on the water, knowing that when the new sinkable moments come, He will be there to pick you back up again. The best part (and the most amazing because that's who He is), is that even when we sink, He never let go.

God forgive me for my sinkable moments. Help me to take the truths you have revealed and the gift of your discernment and move forward walking on the water with You.

Take your trust to the next step and believe what He says about you. Get out of the boat and be the person He has called you to be. The other stuff will go strangely dim when we stay focused on that. (Lord forgive me for letting my flesh win and say it's too hard....You are calling us to be different and to show that to the world.).

Hands and Feet of Him,
~Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment