Sunday, October 22, 2017

Words (A God and Me moment from worship this morning)

The Word says the Power of Life and Death are in the tongue(Proverbs 18:21).  Words are important, more than most of us realize on a day to day basis. We sometimes think through what we say to others, but how often do we pay attention to the words we speak to ourselves. So this speaking life to myself truth is one that is still slowly taking root. I'm good at speaking life in moments to others, being that encourager, that cheerleader....but when it comes to speaking words to myself, umm not so much. I still have moments where I struggle with insecurity, self-doubt, and lack of self-confidence. Progress is being made...but there are some moments when the comparison trap hits, insecurity usually comes out of this mouth more than truth. (If you were in my daily world last week at some moments, you are probably amening at this point).  

So I'm in church this morning and we are singing one of my new favorites "Resurrecting" by Elevation Worship. If you have paid attention to my posts any, you know I'm all about the lyrics in a song. To me, that's where the power comes in....and this morning all of a sudden while singing, God was like sing it like you believe it. Ya'll I'm not a singer, but I knew what He meant. So many times we sing lyrics during worship and lose sight of what we are singing. Anyway....the chorus this song was the shift I needed because the turtle shell mode was coming back and I needed it to shift to just let Him lead this week. (Turtle shell mode tends to be all about feelings and nothing about choosing to let Him lead...but that's a blog for another day.). The chorus is below and the link to the song is at the end of the blog. 


Let the words of this sink in.....it's not that we have anything in us that is good and can do anything. When we become His though, His Spirit takes up residence and when His power connects...well for me it usually ends up in a moment where God and I are talking in words I can't understand. I don't know what defeated you last week, for me, it was me. Thankfully, His mercies are new every morning....and even every hour if we need them to be.

By your Spirit I will rise from the ashes of defeat: whatever kept you down, the Spirit on the inside of you says...it's time to get up. Defeat is not a word in God's vocabulary because He has already defeated everything that could possibly have power over us when He died on the cross. 

The Resurrected King is Resurrecting Me: Y'all at this point the third or fourth time we sang it, I almost had a shout. Whatever has happened in the past, God died to speak life back into you....and the King who didn't stay in the grave is bringing life back to whatever may seem dead for you. 

In Your Name I come alive, to declare your victory: God does what He does in us and through us so we can share it with others for His glory. It's not about anything we can do...because without Him we could do nothing (pretty sure He'd make sure of that). It's His breathe that lets us do what we do...

Be Blessed this week Readers! 
If you have never heard the song, here's the link: Resurrecting by Elevation Worship


No comments:

Post a Comment