Monday, January 30, 2012

A little truth.

This is for that reader who has found themselves in the day I've had. It's called a little truth. Let me just lay it out for you, Hi my name is Melissa and I'm an overachiever, not just an overachiever but I also struggle with stress eating and people pleasing. I have scars that only He can see, and some days I fall flat on my face. Some days I find myself right back up on the mountain I just slid off of all because of some little comment someone said that I let eat away at me. I'm not perfect, I've never claimed to be. I make mistakes some days more than I can count on my fingers. I care too much, love till it hurts, and can forgive others more than myself. Now that we have gotten that out of the way, I'll tell you what I had preached at me on the way home after I got done laying that all out for Him. (I would not trade my relationship with  Him for ANYTHING. I love where we are****Just a side note...I have some amazing friends that are like family. It was obvious that they were on another level with their relationship with God. I remember the night almost seven years ago when I looked one of them in the eye and I said I want what you have. See I was a Christian at that time, but my relationship with Him was not as deep as it is now. He has been faithful each step of the way and He has given me what I asked for, but with a deeper level comes some stretching and cleaning away).

So back to what He gently reminded me of: He plainly asked me if I was through telling Him what I was. Then He turned the table on me and showed me a picture of my in His eyes. Hello your name is Melissa, my perfect princess. Perfect because I made you, and that's all that I can do. Perfect because no matter what others may seem to do to you, you keep giving even though it hurts. Perfect because your heart is bigger than you are(That's why you go above and beyond to do what you do). Perfect because you've learned to listen even when you don't want to. Perfect because you've learned to reach for my hand when you fall down, and despite the pain of those scars, they have become  your testimony. Perfect because deep down you trust me, even though it scares you. You are a perfect Princess, not because of anything you can do, but because of what I can do through you. So quit listening to anyone but me(even when it seems like their voices are louder), and trust me to open the doors I have planned. I promised I would start what I finished, and I haven't failed you yet ;-) remember my plans are always for your good and they always work out to your good. I've walked with you this far, and I'm not stopping yet. These "little" things are not meant to defeat you, but to finish the process I started so long ago. See I have big plans for you, but first there are some "little" things you have to get victory over and move on from. I love you perfect princess, tomorrow is a new day and you will shine.

Okay so even typing this out again....I'm still in awe of His love and grace. I know I messed up in some of those little things today and I know I will see that "test" again soon, but it's okay. My Daddy has some Big plans and I'm closer to them than I was this time two years ago. So the truth is, today I messed up, but He turned it into a message for me(and maybe even some of you). Thank  you for reading my  heart, I just want to honor Him in everything and if my moments along the journey can be for more than just me, than Praise God.

Until next time,
~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment