Thursday, January 26, 2012

Up and Over it

With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall. Psalms 18:29

I'm in the process of writing multiple blogs, but this one is ready for typing. (When I say I'm writing, it means I'm walking a few things out. I very rarely can just put these out just like that). So this one started with the verse above on Sunday. I've seen this verse before, and He's used it more than once to paint a picture for me, and speak to a certain situation. This time however it had a little twist. So I held on to the verse and started the week. (To be honest I didn't think the verse was for me at first. I figured it was the start of a blog, but hoped it was one I could just write and not walk out...negative, but anyway). To top it all off this week, Joyce Meyer's daily tv telecasts have been so right on the money they hurt, but back to the blog. So I got the verse and last night He finished it. This week has worn me out, not because it has been a bad week, but because trying to the right thing regardless of how you feel is HARD!. It's not easy to go against the flesh, it's not easy to not let it have its way (If it were easy, we would all be skinny). I've looked ahead this week and made up my mind as much as I want to run back, I'm not going anywhere. Forward is the only way to walk.

So last night God finished the blog. Some days you have one or two things that happen that may hurt you, and can be easy to get over with time. Some days it seems like it's one thing after another and those are the days that are a little harder to push through. It's like laying a brick or building a wall. The first thing that happens to you(what may have been said or not said), and that's the first brick. If that's all that happens to you that day, you can get "over" it without a lot of struggle. It's easier to let one or two things go when the day is mixed with a lot of good things. Say you have a day though where it is one thing after another. Each hurt, each disappointment is a brick on top of each other, and by the end of the day you may find yourself looking at a wall.

So what now? It was a lot easier to get over those or two things, but this wall makes you just want to run backwards. There I was looking at a wall and God brought this verse to mind. The only way to get over those kind of days, is with His help. With Him, you can be up and over it before you know. One last thing, and this one well..it hurt. So many times we get hurt and those that we feel hurt us may have no idea that they hurt us. We let things matter, that really shouldn't. Do yourself a favor, forgive those that hurt you(whether they know it or not), and move on. It's in those times when you really want to run backwards that you must keep moving forward. Forgiving others and yourself will give you the boost to get up and over that wall, and that's God.

That being said...know who you are in Him and see yourself as He sees you. It will make more of a difference than you know. (Can I caution you though...don't be surprised when others don't always react in a positive way to this new found confidence. Keep doing what He has called you to do regardless. He'll sort the rest of it out.)

Until next time (Hope this made sense...),
~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment