Sunday, February 9, 2014

Chains....

This post may not make sense if you have never heard Tasha Cobb's song "Break Every Chain", but I'll include the video down at the end of the post.

This song has rocked my world since I heard her sing it live at the Dove Awards last Fall. However the past couple of weeks, it has become a theme. A couple of weeks ago, the song came on twice while in my car and I had a little church while driving to an appointment. That's when God started really getting the message of the song into my spirit.

"I hear those chains falling": Whatever has been holding you back, God has given you the keys to unlock them. I hear chains falling all around me. The question now is are you going to step forward and walk out of them or are you going to stay frozen in fear because you don't know what to do?

I started writing this top portion last week and I couldn't understand why God wouldn't let me finish last week. I know now.  As humans, we like to be comfortable. We like to live with what we know, what feels right, and what makes sense. Living life God's way, doesn't always make sense, and that can be frustrating. We ask God for something, but want the answer on our timetable not His. We start to walk forward and when we don't "feel" right or see anything happening we run backwards. Those chains are comfortable, they are familiar, and sadly they "feel" right. The older I get the more I realize I can't live my life based on my feelings.

I'm hard headed and stubborn, God knows that and loves me anyway. God knows I need some help at times to see the next step. God also knows I have a fear of stepping out of what is "comfortable" and that I have a HUGE tendency to question myself at every turn. See I trust Him completely, it's myself I don't necessarily trust. With every layer He has peeled back over the last few months, He has shown me I may not always feel like I trust myself but I can trust the One inside of me. I can't do anything without Him. Sometimes I fall short and I mess up(we all do), He loves me the same and still trusts me. I have told Him multiple times when something happens that He trusts me way more than I trust myself. God didn't ask you to feel like taking a step, He said take a step.

"There is an army rising up": It's time for Christians to leave the chains and to walk forward. Chains are different for each one, ask Him to show you yours. Trust me He will. Then as He starts to break each of them, leave them at His feet, and take that first step.

Anyone that knows me, knows I can be hard on myself. God is breaking that chain each day, by giving me opportunities to rely on Him and forget about what I can do. Freedom doesn't mean we will never be tempted, it means we will rely on the One inside of us to defeat it instead of relying on our flesh(feelings etc.). Trust me  listen to God the first time when He tells you something. His word never returns void, He will make sure you listen, so you may as well do it the easy way. Then once you hear it, put it into action. Obedience unlocks the more than we could ever imagine life that God promised for His children.

Not sure where you are at on your journey, but wherever it is God knows exactly where you are. Spend some time just listening to what He has planned for your life. It may not make sense, chances are it won't at first. However, if you are patient God will give you a moment where He turns over the puzzle box lid and says see this is what I'm doing. I'll be honest I've had to ask Him a lot of questions on my journey, but He has been faithful to take the time to answer each one in His own way. He will answer yours as well. Chains are not comfortable even though they may  feel like they are. Let Him break all of your chains........

Until Next time
~Melissa




No comments:

Post a Comment