Sunday, February 16, 2014

Peeling Back the Layers....

God's been working on my heart for the last couple of week or so. It's no fault of my own, I asked Him a couple of questions and He saw fit to oblige with me the answers. Wow is all I can say, not sure I was expecting what He revealed, but why should I have thought any less. I am just so thankful He loves me like He does, otherwise I would be in a  mess.

I've known for some time that God had a call on my life(after all He does for every child of His), but for awhile I've tried to ignore it. I've tried to turn it into what I wanted it to be and what parts I wanted to have. God has a higher purpose than any of us could ever realize. The hardest part is that we let ourselves get in the way. We let what we feel we should be doing be what we think God says we should be doing. We let excuses and our feelings cause us to maybe not miss what God has planned, but delay it of course. We let what others say and tell us to do be what we think of ourselves instead of listening to what God says to do. I asked Him when would it be time to for the lid of this gift to come off, when would the next season come in to play. Yep I asked God when ;-) God's reply on when was when I got a few things in order that He had been telling me to do for awhile. Ouch....

So many times God tells us what to do and we listen politely, but never put it into action. Even worse we may put it into action for a couple of days, weeks and then it's back to what we want and how we feel. This morning God gave me a list, He knows I like specifics, and well He didn't hold anything back. Now to start moving forward on what He said to do and finally this time letting His way be my way. I want when others see me to see Him. I want to make a difference for Him. I didn't realize until this morning how much of a preparation time the past few months have been. It's hard to put into words, but I have a sense of excitement of what God has in store and only He knows what it is.

Be patient when you ask God for a question, and make sure you are listening. He is always willing to answer His child, but we have to truly be listening to hear it. Listening with our God ears and not our ears will allow us not to miss any part. Then after you listen with your God ears, listen with your heart which will cause your feet to listen. Only after we listen with our God ears, can we listen with our heart and feet and put into action what He says to do.

God has a special plan for each and every one of us. It may be that He has just where He wants us doing what He has called us to do, but we have to get ourselves out of the way to realize that. It also may be that this season is preparing us for the next one, but the next one will only come if plant everything we need to in this season. Some seasons are for planting, some for growth, and some for harvesting what has grown. Be patient with the season you are in and finish the work for that season. The next one will be here soon enough.

Love where you are, speak only His words, and keep Him first always.  God gives us people that go from season to season and some are only for a certain season. Learn from them all and treasure the part they have played in your life/still play in your life. Give back to those you have in your life, you don't know the part you play in their seasons as well.

Moving forward on this journey,
~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment