Sunday, February 23, 2014

My prayers and God's answers lately(A sharing from the heart post)

Have you ever prayed and then wondered if God was going to answer?  God has been reminding me for the last couple of weeks of some of those prayers. Oh He has a sense of humor some days, at least with me anyways. The latest came Wednesday night when what I blamed on short girl problems actually in turn was God answering one of those many prayers.

Short girl problems....I was putting a basket of toys away in the preschool area Wednesday night as the kids were cleaning up. The basket went on a shelf that was let's just say high and I'm not the tallest person out there. So I stood on my tip toes and put the basket up there. As I did, one of the cars rolled back and hit me on the head. I laughed it off that night and blamed on short girl problems, well this weekend God started reminding me of a prayer I had prayed. I asked God for a knock upside of the head or some peace about a couple of requests. I'd take the answer either way. Well I guess somewhere I missed the peace memo, because He chose to answer with the knock upside the head. Why oh why does it take that sometimes for us to listen? Why can't we just listen the first time and do it the easy way? When I figure that out, rest assured I'll have a blog I'm sure. God knows I need specifics I some days I guess. ;-)

I've always heard the saying/quote "Bloom where you are planted". Not really sure who started or who said it first, but I have quoted it before and God has used it more than once to redirect me. See sometimes we try to bloom where we aren't planted. By planted I mean, where God has given you seed, where He has called you to. If I had to put it in words, I think sometimes we get scared to bloom. We know where we are headed, part of His plan, His purpose for our lives yet fear keeps us still. Fear keeps us from moving forward and watering those seeds. Fear keeps us frozen and when we are frozen things do not bloom. Just like in winter, where things lie dormant, we can keep the seasons of our lives from moving if we do not listen. God has a Spring planted, a harvest to come, but He is waiting on us to take the next step. There is a time for Winter, for things to rest, and there is a time for Spring where things bloom. There is a time for Summer, to just enjoy this journey, and a time for Fall to get things planted and ready for harvest. Every season has a purpose in our lives.

So what are you asking for Him today? What has He brought to mind as you have prayed? I have been searching for the past six months or so, remembering back to a time when I knew I was on fire and wondering who put the fire out. (The answer for that would be really easy....me). God has a harvest ready, a time for me to see the flowers bloom from seeds that have been planted, but first I have to keep my focus. God took me a time and a place where the fire was lit and let me smile with sweet memories of a precious time. Then God and I had a serious talk about how to get back to that time. Back to the time when He spoke I listened, back to the time when if He said talk to someone I did, back to the time when He said jump and I said how high. Back to the time when I knew more than anything my steps were ordered by the One who held the puzzle lid. Sometimes we have to revisit those times just for Him to remind us of what changed. It wasn't Him, He never moved. He didn't change what He said to us, what He asked us to do, or where we were walking. We are the ones who moved. Sometimes we let life as it is get in the way of being the princess He made us to be. We let our careers become our lives when He never planned it that way. We let our time be dictated by the standards of the world. We try to climb a ladder not built by God. God wants to raise us up, but in His time and with His steps.

Start listening and doing what He says without question.  If He says share with someone, share with them. If He says speak into someone's life, do it. If He says walk this way, don't ask right or left. Listen, He really does have all of the pieces and knows just where they fit.

Keep focused on this journey sweet readers! Ask Him for what you need, He will move on your behalf in ways you could hardly imagine.

~Melissa





No comments:

Post a Comment