Saturday, April 5, 2014

Are you Determined?

 Determination(Webster definition): a quality that makes you continue trying to do or achieve something that is difficult

This word has been in my heart this morning, along a question God asked me. You always know your day is going to be a time of reflection and thinking when He wakes you up with a question. He asked me very plainly, very bluntly almost, Do you trust me enough to take care of you even if no one else does?

I've learned a couple of diamond days in a row will lead to a blog. If they don't, I've missed something somewhere.  I would be amiss to say I almost missed it this time. A tweet/status post from Joyce Meyer stopped me in my tracks last night because it was so on time.(I shared it last night on FB for those wondering) I was getting my running shoes on and was preparing to take off. I had been weathered enough and was ready to find a way to go to sleep in the boat. This storm business was going on long enough. Little did I stop and slow down long enough to realize I could have stopped the storm inside at any time. The storm on the outside was out of my control, but the storm on the inside was all mine. Sometimes He will let the storm rage on the inside until we finally get focused enough to listen and then and only then will He say Peace. Until He speaks peace, you have to do all you can do to stand. The wind may be blowing all around you, but dig your heels in and just listen.....the words you are longing to hear are coming soon. His words of Peace may not stop the outside storm just yet, but they can stop the one on the inside.

I can look back now with eyes that see how the storm on the inside got so out of control. The lack of quiet time during the outside storm to get away for a minute and just speak peace. Sometimes you need a minute to just get away and refocus. Take that minute or else the storm will continue to grow. The lack of someone speaking positive in my storm. All around I had someone feeding my fears, my insecurities, and my doubts.  I started the week determined to speak life, determined to stay focused on the positive, and determined that God had a purpose in all of this. By the end of the week, the only thing I was still sure of was that God had a purpose in all of this. The other two had been squashed and beaten down. Too many times we listen to those we shouldn't and do not seek out those we should. It took till the end of the week before I finally listened and found the one person who was in "my storm world" that said I'm praying for you. Those are the only ones we should listen to. Yes the storm may be raging, but if we stay focused and know God has a purpose in everything we can be determined to finish the course He has planned for us.

The enemy laughs at the determined Christian until that person is willing to say to stay the course with actions and not just words. The enemy loves when we doubt ourselves, when we feel defeated, when we question what we have to offer, and when we start looking at how we can give up. The enemy knows that if he can get us to that point and keep us away from those who will help refocus and speak life into us, he can pretty much hand us our running shoes and we will put them on and take off. Hear me when I say this....that is a crucial point in the battle. Don't give up regardless of how hard it is. Determine to stay the course and trust that God will take care of you and all that entails through it all. (God reminded me a sweet truth about revenge being His to repay. Do what you can and God will do what you cannot even if that means standing up to those who walked on you.).

So what are you determined to do? What has God purposed in your heart to stay the course and finish? He never said it would be easy, but He did say He would walk with us each step of the way. The storm may continue to rage on the outside, but on the inside you can sleep in the boat with Him. I have learned a valuable lesson and one that I have to re-visit often. God created me to be me. The enemy wants to make me doubt that truth and will do everything in his power to keep me there. The enemy will use everything(and everyone) he can to make the determined Christian put on their running shoes and take off because he knows God is about to show up and show out. Stay focused and remember who He says you are in the process. He never said it would be easy, but making diamonds never is.

I am determined now more than ever not because of what I can do, but because of what He can do through me. I won't back down in fear and I'm not running away from this season God has called me to. Giving up isn't an option because He doesn't give up. Giving up and Moving on are two different things(but that is a blog for another day). When you ask God for a heart of discernment, be prepared for His eyes through situations, which can be harder than you think. God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the call. Watch for wolves in sheep's clothing and know that the enemy will put people in your path who at first glance are there to help, but turn out not to be. Finally when you have done all you can do, stand. Just stand still if the storm is raging inside and out. Don't let the inside storm cause you to run backwards, just stand. God will take over and speak peace to the inside so you can keep moving through the outside storm(even though the winds may be howling and the waves getting rough). Don't let your do define or change your who. Let your who define and change your do.

Staying the course and focused on the journey,
~Melissa

Be prepared, because my God is bigger than this outside storm and the blog that will come once He shows up and out in the outside storm is going to be AMAZING. Just know that it is in His timing, not mine...so only He knows when that will be.




No comments:

Post a Comment