Sunday, April 20, 2014

He's Alive! ....now live like it

This weekend has been refreshing. I love Easter. Here is I guess what you could call part three of my Easter weekend blogs. 


Day three can be known as victory day. We get so excited at Easter and we should as we celebrate our risen Savior, but guess what...He's alive everyday. The same Jesus that rose on the third day, conquering death, hell, and the grave is alive and walking with us daily. If we truly let that sink in to the very core of who we are, it will change our world(or at least it should). 

It should change how we look at our day, our situation, and the things that happen to us. I'm one of the world's worst about stressing in the moment, getting all worked up about something, and then after I've tried to figure it all out I go running up to His lap for Him to settle me and tell me He has it. He has been dealing with me on this subject lately. He doesn't want us to stress about it first before we run to Him. As soon as we start to feel it, He wants us to give it to Him. Honesty check: This is NOT easy!! Our natural tendency is to deal with the "stress" and then run to talk to Him about it. At some point the stress gets to be too much and we start to get quicker about running to Him. 

This past week God actually was pretty blunt with me about some things in my world that I had been letting "defeat" me. Stressful situations are going to happen, but when we take on the stress as if it were our own it starts to wear at us. After some time, the wearing begins to change who we are. God made us to be who He called us to be. He made us to play the part He designed for us not what someone else wrote out for us to play. Life is too short to let the things of this world defeat us. God has given us the power to be victorious and to walk that out each and every day. The same power that raised Him from the grave lives inside the hearts of those who are Christians. That very truth right there should keep us smiling every day. The battle was won on the third day. The world needs to see us walking out that truth. The world needs to see Christians living like He's alive. I know this is an area where I have to do better. The world needs to see a difference in Christians. The world needs to see us walking out what we say and putting our feet to our words. It's not always easy, but He is there to help us if we'll just let Him.  

He's alive...let's live like it! Trusting Him doesn't always mean He calms the storm. Trusting Him means going inside the boat and resting with Him. He has already won the battle and you are more than a conquer. Don't let the enemy tell you otherwise, after all he's a liar by the way. Do not let what the enemy is doing around you affect what God is doing through you. 

Focused on the journey,
~Melissa 

No comments:

Post a Comment