Saturday, April 19, 2014

My cross, His choice

I've watched our passion play for years, in fact this is my third year on the media team, but this year has been different. I don't know if it where I'm at in this journey called life or what, but there were several scenes that gave me chills last night. To think of what He did for us..... That thought should be what keeps us going each and every moment of our lives. He did so much for us that day when He chose to take our cross, that it should make a difference in our lives each moment we breathe. Sadly we let the world crowd in with thoughts and doubts and we turn our focus off of where it should be.

He chose the cross that day not because of anything I had done for Him but because of love. What am I willing to do for Him? It wasn't His cross He carried that day, it was mine. He had done nothing to deserve the nails that were placed in His hands and feet, but He chose them just for me. He didn't have to go through it all, but he made the choice that love was a greater sacrifice than the pain He was physically enduring. He knew what was going on around Him, but He also knew what His Heavenly Father was doing as well. He had a purpose and He knew the plan. He endured the beatings, the mocking, and the crown of thorns that day knowing that one day I would be on this journey. He knew me and all that entails even then, but He still chose to do what He did. He loved me more than I could ever even fathom to do what He did that day. He took a cross I didn't even realize I had and bore a weight that I didn't even know about to change a life that would walk this journey. He knew us even then. He knew how would we fall, how we would mess up, and how we would make mistakes. He still made the choice that day, because He also knew how we would love, how we would touch the world, and how we would share Him. He made that choice that day because He knew us. He knew me. If you let those three simple words sink in, they are life changing. He knew me then as He knows me now. He made a choice that changed eternity because He loved me. All He wants in return is me. Not the me that I think I am or the me that others think I am, but the me that He knows that I am.

It was my cross that day, but it was His choice. He didn't have to go through with it, but He walked that road because He knew there was a higher calling and purpose on His life. He knew on that "Friday" that Sunday was coming. He knew that pain would have to happen first before the victory. He knew that thousands of years later that choice that day would still be impacting and changing lives for eternity. He didn't have to make that choice that day, but I am forever thankful and grateful that He did.

Focused on the journey,
~Melissa



No comments:

Post a Comment