Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Be You....

Alright time for one of those heart to heart posts because well I've been to the woodshed with God over the last couple of days. He was nice, but rather blunt.  October was a revelation month. It was a time of taking in, listening, and thinking about changes that I needed to make for me. I wanted to start putting those into place for November, but how many know when you start to take it to the next level with God, the enemy gets mad? So the same old rocks that I knew I was strong enough to step over and/or walk on got thrown in my path again. Important truth....our thoughts lead to our feelings. If we continue to think about things that are going to lead us to feeling stressed....guess what, we end up stressed. If we think about things that are going to lead us to feeling worried...guess what, we end up worried. Get the picture....let it sink in. It takes time....

I'm thankful He loves me. I'm thankful He smiles through all of my tears, my doubts, and my questions. I'm thankful He loves me like He does and trusts me more than I trust myself. I'm thankful He knows how strong I am (even when I seem to not get the message). I'm thankful He forgives the pity parties, panic moments, and the people pleasing worry phases.

At some point last night when God and I were discussing(well He was talking, I was listening) about my day....He plainly said "Do you trust me or not sweet girl?" At some point, He wants us to move past the words of I trust you to the actions of I trust you. At some point in our journey, we have to take our faith up a notch and let some things go. At some point in our journey being who He has called us to be and made us to be becomes more important than being who we think others want us to be.

It's not easy going to God's woodshed, but it always brings about revelation. God created us for a calling and a purpose. He desires for us to trust Him to show us that when it's time, and then once we know to walk it out. I'm sure He grows tired(at least He does with me) of when I continue to compare myself with others. Lesson: Comparing yourself with others only brings condemnation and that's not from God.  Be who He made you to be and be happy with that. God gave you the heart He did for a reason, quit apologizing for it. Our part is to be who He made us to be. As long as we do that, He takes care of the rest. That dear readers is a truth that once comprehended is life changing.


Stay focused on the journey,
~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment