Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thankful Post

I didn't join in the 30 days of Thankfulness this year on FB. It wasn't because I'm not thankful, part of it is I'm growing tired of the drama associated with FB, but early on this month I decided I would rather put everything in a blog. This way on those days when I would rather complain than be grateful, I can pull the blog back up. I'm also finding it is an amazing way to reflect on what could be known as a rather unusual month. So here it is, my 30 days of thankfulness ;-) Word of Warning: Slightly Lengthy post ;-)


  1. First and foremost I'm thankful for a Heavenly Daddy who loves me beyond my comprehension and Who demonstrates daily just how much He loves me and understands me!
  2. Thankful for my earthly parents. The older I get the closer we grow. This season of life is one where I see them as friends. I'm thankful (most days) that I inherited my dad's love for technology. Now if only I had learned to cook like him ;-) I couldn't go in as many directions and have my hands in as many fires as I do without mom. She helps me stay sane. (During IEP season that isn't so easy). 
  3. I'm thankful for opportunities. I see them now as open doors. God opens doors for us in seasons where He knows we can handle it. The enemy opens doors in seasons where our flesh wants it. There is a difference and I'm learning that. 2014 has held memories and professional opportunities that I never would have dreamed. 
  4. I'm thankful to work where I do. It's been a rough start settling in, but I finally see how God has put the pieces together. It's not always easy, but the struggle is productive. I've grown more in the last few months, personally and professionally. I feel blessed to be able to teach in the community where I live. 
  5. Thankful for friends who love me for me! 
  6. Thankful for His word! I've read some passages lately with fresh eyes. Oh how He has poured out. Blogs to come soon ;-) 
  7. Thankful for girls' nights and chances to relax after a crazy week! 
  8. Thankful for my girls group at church. I had forgotten how much fun just telling others about being His Princess could be ;-) I am in awe of God opportunities and thankful to finally listen. 
  9. Thankful for the chance to make a difference. I'll be honest I've struggled over the last couple of months and asked God more than once if I was doing what I was supposed to be doing, where He wanted me to be doing it at. I've wrestled with just wanting His peace on this. I found it when I slowed down and let Him show me the last couple of months through His eyes. We can get so caught up in busyness that we forget to just be who He made us to be. 
  10. Thankful for rest....sleep and a chance to relax are wonderful things. 
  11. Thankful for an awesome church family. I love our worship times at BBC. 
  12. Thankful for dad's chicken and dressing. It's not Thanksgiving without this dish ;-) 
  13. Thankful for Netflix. I know this may seem silly, but it was so nice to wake up and put Gilmore Girls on and just laugh. Laughter is good for the soul ;-) 
  14. Thankful for the chance to pour into the lives of kids at school and church. It's a responsibility and a privilege I do not take lightly. God gave me a focus for the year this summer and I've tried to keep that focus the main thing. It's not always about what you teach, but how you teach. Show them they matter and they can make a difference, in turn you may be handing them the keys to change their world. 
  15. Thankful for opportunities that mean stepping out of your comfort zone(i.e. presenting at an Assistant Principal's meeting or leading a Robotics club that is way above your techie comprehension). 
  16. Thankful for sweet revelations and whispers from Him. I wish I could let you in on the sweet whispers He and I shared last night as I laid a lot of feelings and excuses on Him. He replied with His ever so sweet truths for each one. 
  17. Thankful for Social Media....even with all of the drama and times I would love to just disconnect(and yes I've learned to do that some finally), it is nice to be able to stay connected to people you don't get to see as often as you would like. 
  18. Thankful for closed windows. (Yep there is a blog there too!)
  19. Thankful for books! I have reignited a passion for Reading. I had forgotten over the years how relaxing it can be just to read for FUN! (Thankful for an Overdrive app that lets me check out books from the library too.)
  20. Thankful for memories. There are times when they bring smiles and times when they bring tears, but oh how priceless they are. 
  21. Thankful for the opportunity to watch kiddos grow in their gifts at MMIS. The opportunity to see kiddos who I remember as little ones leading FCA is amazing. It is precious watching them grow in so many ways. 
  22. Thankful for time in the nursery at church. Times when both sweet toddlers fall asleep in your arms. Priceless! 
  23. Thankful for the chance to still stay in touch with kids I've taught over the years. 
  24. Thankful for music. I love lyrics and I love when certain songs get in my Spirit. God uses songs to minister on many days. 
  25. Thankful for Advocare! I would hate to see a day without my Spark. (For those of you who drink coffee...same difference) 
  26. Thankful for my Nashville family. Family isn't always about blood, but about a Spirit that says You are Mine. I love these people more than words and am so thankful they love me! 
  27. Thankful for Madison Academy. I grew up with some amazing teachers who taught me what being a teacher was all about. I'm the teacher I am today because of them. 
  28. Thankful for Alabama Football and Kentucky Basketball! I never was a sports person growing up, but the older I have become the more I have grown to love watching these two sports and teams play! 
  29. Thankful for the first journal I ever received from my middle school English teacher, whom I now call friend. It started a writing thing ;-) even though I didn't understand it then. 
  30. Thankful for YOU! If you had asked me in high school if I thought I would have ever written a blog, I would have been quick to reply NO! My middle school and high school English teachers would actually have agreed with you, I was not a fan of writing assignments, but they both in their unique ways planted seeds in me that I didn't realize would one day be watered by Him. I'm still not the best at it yet, but I'm learning and letting Him lead this process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment