Sunday, November 16, 2014

Lessons from the Week...A little heart and a lot of Him

Oh me I've been from the woodshed to His feet this week. I've laid it down, picked it back up again, and realized how heavy it was so I laid it down again. (Praying I remember to leave it alone this time). I've had Him ask me some very blunt questions, re-ignite a fire I had let burn out again, and I've found that the best source of encouragement can sometimes be my God and me time.

Lesson 1: The enemy is out there roaring and looking for you. The brighter the fire the more he seems to seek. Thursday I was headed out the door and seemed to miss the bottom step. Mind you, I've gone down that same step for 20 years now, but some how on this day I missed it. I gracefully floated down (Thanks to my teacher bag) so the fall was kind of easy. I went on and headed to work, but as the day went on I wished I had gone back to bed. It was one thing after another Thursday and by the end of it I felt worn. On my drive back from home bound student, God got really plain. So many times we fall down however easy it may feel at the time, but the hardest part seems to be getting back up and pressing on. The enemy would have loved for me to have crawled back in bed, pulled the covers over my head, and called it a day. So he did what he could to keep trying to knock me down inside during the day. I wish I could say it didn't work, but there were tears at one point. God's faithful though. I learned through that day, God had a plan in that struggle and it was to shake loose of some stuff. I woke up the next day with a new song in my Spirit and a smile on my face. Mountain them wasn't going to defeat me. (Looking back now I also can see the closer we get to where He has planned for us to be, the more the enemy tries to knock us down. Wednesday I had one of those days where I knew I was right where He wants me for this season.)

Lesson 2: Out of balance adjustments needed.....I finally made my way to a chiropractor last week. This will be a blog in itself at some point, but I never realized how much my physical life represented my spiritual life as well. The chiropractor was amazed at how out of balance I was and in need of an adjustment. God's been taking the truth and writing on it all week. I'll share more about that soon.

God meets you where are. He's not waiting on someone else to see the diamond that you are, He's waiting on you to see it. So many times we let what others say about us and how they want us to be cloud how we see ourselves. I know I have struggled with this for awhile. Each time though He has been faithful to remind me who He says that I am and pick me back up again. God's stretched my faith over the last year or so, by stretching me. So many times we get comfortable that we forget to get up and walk forward. The changing of seasons is never easy(hello I want summer/fall back), but there is beauty to be found in each new period. God knows where our hearts lie and He is faithful to send us what we need when we need it. Just as the Israelites got the manna they needed for each day, He gives us what we need for the day at hand. Worrying about tomorrow, only results in spoiled manna because you aren't taking time to enjoy today. Quit apologizing for the diamond that's inside of you and walk out the calling He called you to. Shine and let Him take care of the rest. You dim your only light by worrying what others think and how they are going to react. You alone know what God has called you to do and who He has called you to be. Also got a few reminders this week of some of those windows He told me to shut that I opened back up again. Windows God wants shut need to be locked and not just closed for a season. He shuts them for a reason, but when we open them we let in those things He didn't plan for our day. (stress, worry etc.). Most of all this week I've been reminded of the truth He wrote on my heart so long ago, You are stronger than you think you are...remember I made you! So many times we question our own strength, but we forget to rely on the One inside of us. With Him we can move mountains!

Blessings this week as you stay focused on the journey,
~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment