Monday, July 6, 2015

Stronger.....

I attended a retreat last week by this name. It's also the title of a book by a  dear friend and a song by another one. I feel weird calling it a "retreat" because yes we got away to the mountains and retreated from life for a little while, but it was also a Holy Ghost campmeeting. I can truly say I haven't been to anything like it before, and I've been in several meetings. The only full day we were there was Thursday and the Spirit was so strong in that lodge...that you wanted to just sit there and soak it up. It was the atmosphere where you didn't want to move because you knew God was all over that room. There were chains broken, lives changed, healings delivered, and more I'm sure. As we left the mountain the part from Break Every Chain where it says We are an army rising up....came to mind. This group of women whom I was blessed to be a part of are an army rising up to defeat whatever the enemy throws in our paths. The devil may as well get out of the way because this group of women know how to do battle. I've seen that.

So just like any conference, retreat, time away...the next step is to head home. Just like a PD for work purposes...I can sit in the sessions all day and take notes on all of the new tools, send out tweets etc., but what happens when I head back to work. If I don't start applying what I have learned what benefit is it? It's the same with this. God doesn't pour out on us for it to stay just in the moment. He pours out so we can rise up changed and pour out to others. At some point after every revival, every camp meeting, every quiet time, every church service...when God has shown up and shown out...look out because the enemy is MAD. He knows where our weaknesses are, chances are we told him when we were in a flesh moment. Oh my if we could only understand the power of life and death are in the tongue...we have got to be careful with the words we speak over situations. (words of life spoken into me last week).

So yes the enemy knows my weak spots...and today started with one of them. When those times come and they will, we have to know how to speak to our weaknesses and remind them Who is stronger. We will not overcome on our own, but because of the One living inside of us. For me today, the anxiety seed thought it was going to get to take root. It tried for a little while through a couple of different situations....but then I remembered a sweet word a friend shared this morning and God started singing a song to my Spirit. If we will just take a minute and be still..His whispers of reminders are there. For me it was nothing more than to remind me, I've got this. I always have had it, keep trusting me. We are so quick to run to the comfortable zone of stress or anxiety, when He stands there saying I've got this. Thank you Jesus for reminding me today.

Typically when the seasons change, the appearance changes. (I say typically because in Alabama, we may have two seasons in a week). When God is moving you into a new season in your walk, in your life...there will be a change. Pruning may happen, priorities may change, thoughts/desires may start to shift towards His as He is moving you forward. He is so faithful and He truly honors the desires of your heart in His timing.  Change is a process. Be patient...God is strengthening you day by day as you lean on Him to do what only He can do. Release the control to the One who made you, He knows you better than you know yourself. Oh how He longs for us to truly grasp that truth and with open hands leave it all in His.

Someone reading this today may be thinking...well great for you, but I don't feel very strong myself. As a Child of God , take a minute and just talk to the One who knows you the best. Ask Him for the strength He promised His children....and if He shows you changes to make...follow through with obedience. So many times God has already shown us the path to take, the steps to walk, the road to follow...we choose to stay put until we "feel" ready or until we get ready. Ready will never come if you are relying on your own strength. He's never going to give you a road to walk, that He's not walking with you and helping each step of the way. Strength comes when we remember Who it comes from.....God.

Have a blessed week and here's the song God put in my Spirit today. I love the lyrics.
--"not much longer...I'm gonna be Stronger!"








No comments:

Post a Comment