Saturday, July 25, 2015

The Minute Walk...

I almost typed I'm struggling today, but I refuse to give the enemy that foothold. So instead I'll say I'm pressing today. Resistance is here, but instead of letting it get the best of me, I am choosing to press back. I'm choosing not to stay in the cloud that feels like it's above my head and am choosing to walk forward even if it's minute by minute.

Sometimes this journey is a daily walk. We set out on our day with God and we move forward with Him knowing that it's His day anyway. Sometimes the journey turns into a minute walk. It's the end of summer, bear with me. I've had this incredible summer. The first month was on me the professional and the second month has been on me the Child of God with a call and a purpose. I'm determined not to go back. I would be amiss though if I said the struggle wasn't real. It's turned from a daily choice, to a minute by minute. I have found myself wondering if I'm strong enough for routine again. If I've walked forward enough for the change to stick. The questions though when I let myself wonder just reassure me of the truth that He has promised. Yes, I'm strong enough..not because I can do anything, but because He can do everything. Yes I've walked forward enough...when you taste what more looks like your heart longs for it to continue. Desperate doesn't go away just because you have one amazing encounter with God. It becomes your daily cry as you seek to live in the center of the will of the One who created you. Yes I'm strong enough for routine because the change is real....I can take that lying devil to the place where the chains fell off when he starts to throw his lies my way. I can take speak the truth back to him that God said He was doing a new thing....Oh change is never easy, but we don't grow without a stretching. Just as when you work out, a stretch is always important...so it is in this minute walk with Him. A stretching is a signal growth is about to happen, yes there may be some pain as well in the process, but the end result is a strengthening for the journey that continues.

The choice to walk forward is yours. God didn't say it would be a daily walk all of the time. He knows what each day holds and He knows some of them are going to require minute by minute choices. Choices to stay focused on His truth, to stay focused on the positive despite the negative, and  to make the choice of what takes root and what is deleted from your thought bank. Those are choices that are ours. He whispers what to do, but in the end we make the choice. I know what the feet glued to the floor choice feels like and I know what the choice to step out in obedience feels like. Right atmosphere in both, choice was still mine...(and yes that is a blog for another day...wow didn't even see that picture coming until just now). In the world we are living in right now, time with Him is crucial to survival and to living this abundant life. As I felt the walk slowing to a minute step instead of a daily step...I did a couple of things. I've made a playlist simply entitled Take that Devil and I've started a prayer wall not just a prayer journal. I need a visual reminder daily...I'm stepping in to what He has for me, He knows what that looks like in a big picture sense, my choice is to trust Him each day and to listen.

It's your choice when you feel the walk starting to slow, it can discourage you and fear creeps in, or it can encourage you because why else would the enemy be trying if you weren't a threat to his plan. That in itself is an encouragement to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment