Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Tuesday Truths volume 1


Blogging is becoming more of a passion than a hobby or past time. I've never really had a "set" schedule for the blogs, I've always gone with when He said write..write or when I needed to just write, I wrote. The latter times are becoming fewer and fewer as He's not letting me publish when it's a pity party blog. (Yes I read back through some of my old ones and yeah well I was stuck in a rut and going around a mountain enough times to make me dizzy). My quiet times lately have been eye opening. Scriptures I have read countless times before, I'm reading now going where was that all of these years. Tuesday Truths is going to be just that. I'm posting some verses and some of what God has been revealing during that time. He's been pouring out so much(my Bible margins are full), that I have to share it some how. I will still post on topics and as He leads, but look for at least one new post each week on Tuesdays with some scriptures and a look into my quiet time. I started taking notes in the margins of my Bible a couple of years ago. For me I need the notes, the revelations, the truths right there and trying to match up in a journal format doesn't always work. You do what He leads you to do for your study time...but just have the study time. Books are great, but there is NOTHING like just reading His truths.

John 16
v.11: 11 and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.

I immediately thought back to Romans 8:1 when I read this verse. The enemy is the source of condemnation. Oh if we could just grasp that when the feelings start....he wants you to feel like he does since he is condemned. Rebuke it, speak truth as a Child of the Most High.

12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

There was a shout in my Spirit when I read these verses. This was one of those moments when I said, okay God where was that before. He has to take the blinders off though for us to be able to fully understand what He's trying to speak. The blinders are off...my notes for these verses say : Discernment, Prophecy, Tongues/Prayer Language, and Revelation....The gifts are real and He is still giving them today. 

17 At this, some of his disciples said to one another, “What does he mean by saying, ‘In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me,’ and ‘Because I am going to the Father’?” 18 They kept asking, “What does he mean by ‘a little while’? We don’t understand what he is saying.”

He was working for them even when they couldn't see Him. Oh how that is true for us today. Sometimes we can't always "feel" Him, but He speaks peace to our Spirit to let us know....I've got this because I have you. He's working on our behalf as Children of the Most High...always. I love verse 18....what a great question. God gets the questions, He understands our search for more of Him.

More next week....
I didn't want these to be too long. Have a blessed one!
~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment