Monday, April 13, 2015

Monday's moments

I wasn't going to write a blog tonight. I felt one starting, but I was determined "the list" was going to come first. (If you saw how long it was, you would know the struggle is real...) Then I went to my TimeHop and saw a couple of the posts from this day over the last couple of years. Humbled and in awe was all I could say....In awe with some of the words I wrote because I needed to read them again tonight. Humbled by the fact that He has been so patient with me. Patient as it seems the enemy has played the same song and pushed the same buttons yet again. Ding, ding, ding I finally see the answer...What is the answer? {Me}.

So many times we try to control things we can't control, when God only said control ourselves. Well that's a full time job if you ask me. Honesty check, the last couple of weeks have exhausted me. I've given out more than I had to give(which is only my fault). People will take as long as we let them. It's not prideful or wrong, to have me time each day. One of His greatest commandments is to love our neighbor as ourselves. Another little nugget He showed me yesterday was with some of my favorite verses Proverbs 3:5-6. When He said lean not on your own understanding, He never planned for us to understand the bigger plan. When we understand things we forget to trust. When we understand things, we think we don't have to trust. Oh let that sink in on this Monday.

Mondays remind me how thankful I am for grace. I'm thankful for a chance to start again tomorrow. I'm thankful that He knew how my Monday was going to go before I even woke up.

Truths I know from today...God's got a word that He has been trying to whisper all day. This gift of discernment is not always easy, but it is always for my good(when I listen). Feeling effective and being effective in His eyes are TWO totally different things. This mountain is getting old, God and I are going to discuss getting off of it more tonight.

I would love to tell you this will be the only blog for the week, but yeah it won't....God's moving this week, the enemy isn't happy. Monday is almost over...leave your feelings in His hands. Trust that He knows you don't quite understand what He's doing in the midst of what seems like chaos, but He has a plan.

Priceless moment this afternoon was getting in the car and Greater was the song on the radio. If you have never listened to the lyrics of that song, it is truly a Monday song. When you are tired and worn out, He's greater. When you really aren't sure what's going on, He's greater. When you would rather just run and hide, He's greater. He didn't say you would become greater, but He said He would.

Blessings this week!
~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment