Saturday, April 4, 2015

The Power

Thank you God for getting my heart that seems to feel her way through more times than I would like. Thank you God for knowing that I always end up in your lap even if I get stressed and worried on the way there. Thank you for not bonking me upside the head last night to remind me and instead using a sweet whisper. 

If you have read any of my blogs than you probably already know this about me, I have many moments still where my feelings are louder than truth. In short that thing we call flesh sometimes just has to be put in its place. Oh how we know He's got us in the big things, but we sometimes forget He has us in the "little" things as well. That email that makes you want to give up, causes tears, and makes you question why you do what you do...is not a God thing, but He can turn it into one.  Oh how quickly we sometimes forget that the God who took care of the last email and covered you then, is the same one covering you now. I've already asked Him for the strength at some point to not let my feelings dictate so loudly, but I know with that will come more practice tests. So here's to reading this blog in the future I'm sure to remind me of this truth. He knows how I learn best, so it's time to just let the Master do His thing. Victory is on its way...I'm claiming it! Remember sweet reader...the same God who takes care of what you call "big" things takes care of the "little" things too. Just trust Him with every moment...and walk in that faith. Sometimes it's the little things He uses to get us out of the boat of our comfort zone. He knows we are already comfortable with Him handling the big things. It's those moments when our faith is stretched, because we are stretched. If God never gave us the moments when we know we are weak....(the ones that typically lead to stress, doubt, frustration, worry etc.) than we wouldn't get to see the power of what relying on Him can do. It's in those times that we are weak that He gets to show us how strong He is. It's often those moments we ask Him to take away, that He uses to make us more like Him. 

Relationship means trust. Trust Him that He has you right where He wants you(otherwise He would whisper moving time). Trust that He's got you covered and nothing goes through that isn't a part of His plan. Trust Him that you will arrive at the destination when He's ready, but for now enjoy the journey. Don't get so caught up in where you are going that you forget the path you are walking. Busyness can cause you to miss some of His amazing stops along the way.....don't! 

No comments:

Post a Comment