Thursday, January 8, 2015

Adjustment Time...

A week into the new year and yep...every goal, plan I had for the year I've messed up on already. I've already strayed off of the path. I made the comment this evening(as I'm trying to massage my neck that man I need an adjustment). This week I transitioned in my chiropractor visits to the once a week, well add to that starting back to work and the cold weather and let's just say I've been feeling it. I went in Monday, but never realized that I would feel like I needed another adjustment this quick. Long story short....pretty sure God had a plan for that "neck pain" I was feeling tonight. Oh how He knows I need a visual sometimes and today apparently I needed a nudge. I was on the comfortable track for 2015. Even though I set out to change things this year, I quickly settled back into my routine and what I knew to be comfortable. God was blunt tonight as I rubbed my neck as He told me it was more than my neck that needed an adjustment. As I pondered that statement I realized how true it was. I had settled back into the comfortable, the ordinary, ignoring that God had said be extraordinary this year. We can get so comfortable in what we are doing that we lose the momentum to change. It takes more than effort to change, it takes drive. We have to be driven to change, driven to make a difference, driven to leave an imprint on the world. Being driven is not a bad thing, it means you are looking forward, pressing forward on to the goal of the prize He has called you to. Being driven means not looking back, but moving ahead. 2015 is going to be a different year, but for that to happen I have to be different. No more letting the same old same old of a routine excuse me out of my blessing. This year is the year to focus on what He has called me to be and to be me. Don't excuse yourself out of a blessing this year. God has a purpose and a plan for each and every minute of the day. What He has called you to do is not what He has called someone else to do. Don't compare callings or crosses, just take up yours and walk toward the calling He has for YOU. Being busy is the quickest way to get nowhere. It's easy to run around doing "stuff" and at the end of the day go what did I accomplish. I know that feeling all too well.

A week of 2015 has passed, but 51 still lay ahead. You may have stuck to all of your plans and goals so far for 2015, if so kudos to you. Stay the course and stay focused on reaching those goals. If you are like me and realizing oops...adjustment needed, then kudos for listening. Make the adjustments He says knowing that each adjustment will bring the final picture into better focus. He holds the flashlight and ahead of each step He sees where the path leads. Trust Him as you walk through this year knowing(and thanking Him) that His mercies are new EVERY morning and the grace He has given you for today is to handle what comes your way today. He'll give you tomorrow's grace, tomorrow. Don't settle for anything less than His amazing best for you this year! Make memories not just check-in's. Make a difference, leave an imprint..not just a status. Let your words and your actions align this year and watch Him use you to change the world around you.

Be Blessed,
~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment