Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Steps, Rocks, and Legacy....(Blog or Bust night)

Oh my I knew as I drove home tonight that it would be a blog or bust night....It's been one of those days. So much on my mind, so many people on my heart, and yet as I stopped and looked at the sunset this evening I had to just smile. God knows I'm a sunset fan. As I was rushing to get into the grocery store so I could hurry and get home, I saw someone outside taking the picture and I stopped and turned around. If that person hadn't been taking a picture I may have missed the sunset view. Our steps are ordered by the One who made us. He knows each step we take, and He knows each dart the enemy has headed your way. He knows that taking a few minutes to send that text in the parking lot may have kept you from the five car pile up you passed on the way home. How looking back on today I truly know how ordered my steps really are. Thank you Lord for taking care of the things we don't always see, for the things you never intended for us to see. Oh how I needed that reminder tonight.

I hate busyness. I'm learning to despise it because the enemy loves it so much. The enemy wants nothing more than to keep us busy in mind and body so we miss the God opportunities that come our way. Oh how I can look back on some days and see just how that mean old devil threw rocks in my path to try and trip me up. Anyways....it's one thing to feel the rock as you step on it moving forward, it's another to stop and look at the rock and let it distract you from the journey ahead. It's also another thing to let the rock cause you to fall and stay down because you feel like it. You may feel the rock, chances are you will, but step on it if you have to and keep moving forward. The more you move away from it the more you will forget how it "feels".

My sweet Nashville family lost their Mamaw yesterday. Oh how my heart hurts for them because I know how much she means to them. I've listened to their stories over the years, seen how she poured into their lives, and watched how they gathered to spend time with her even yesterday. This woman laid a foundation that God used to build souls. A foundation that has created a legacy that continues to give. Her reach far exceeds that little blue house in KY. Her feelings didn't dictate her actions, her love for Jesus did. She loved without question. Oh the lessons we could all learn from her.

I wish I could say I didn't make a mess of some spots today, but I did. He loves me regardless, of this I'm thankful. I'm thankful that I'm not where I used to be, but I am on my way to where He wants me to be. One day I'll make a mess and not get mad at myself in the process. One day I'll move forward quicker than I do today. Until then though I'm thankful that He takes my messy days and finds a message. He takes my days when all I can feel is the sand, and reminds me of the pearls. For if it weren't for the sand that irritates, the pearl wouldn't develop one time. Give Him the things that irritate you and in return He'll give you back pearls one day.

Enjoy the journey! Make your steps count. Don't let the rocks cause you to lose focus, and leave a legacy for others to follow. My heart's desire is to one day hear Him say "Well done". Until then, I'm going to run the race He called me to and be the Me He made me to be. Invest in what He says to sow, and trust Him that one day He will give you eyes to see the harvest. Let Him whisper to you today that He sees the difference you are making, even if no one else does.
~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment