Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Push back...

I've over the enemy. I'm tired of his mess, I'm tired of his lies, and I'm tired of his tricks. I'm tired of the way he throws the darts and pushes the buttons that he knows bother me. In short, I'm tired of him and I'm pushing back. The last couple of days, if he could throw it at me he has. Overwhelming thoughts, frustration, insecurity, doubt, discouragement, anxiety, moments of panic and isolation, the blahs, and exhaustion just to name a few have all been thrown my way this week. He can throw it all he wants, but he is defeated in the name of Jesus. He's done his best this week through unexpected sources with some of the darts, but he is defeated in the name of Jesus. God's already won the battle against him, he's just trying to ignore the scoreboard.

God started writing this blog last night and throughout the day today. A pastor friend in July shared in her sermon about pushing back when we resist the enemy. So many times we take what the enemy throws our way until it's a heavier than we can honestly carry without sitting down. The enemy doesn't want us to fight back, he doesn't want us to know that we can. I was an adult before I knew that I could push back at the enemy, before I could fight and put the enemy under my feet. I had always  heard and read the verse about Satan being under our feet, but didn't know how to fight back. Fighting back, knowing how to walk in spiritual warfare and how to stay focused is a must in this world. The enemy is on the prowl looking for your joy, your happiness, your encouragement, your purpose, and your word. There is a word on the inside of you that makes him nervous, thus if he can take it away from you he will. Better yet, if he can distract you from that purpose, that word he will. So what do you do as a Child of God when the enemy starts pushing, you push back. For me last night, during my prayer time I started rebuking and kicking the enemy out of and away anything I could think of, some of it I didn't even realize he had tried to creep in. See that's what he does, he slips in through ways we don't recognize, because he distracts us.

So what do you do to push back, you praise, pray, and read His word. You get specific and tell the enemy where to go. You don't let him just in with a discouragement thought, a feeling of isolation, or those insecure thoughts. You push back and tell the enemy who is in charge of your life and who you are in Christ. The enemy wants to keep you focused on who he says you are, but God says you are His and that means you have what is His. You have His power, His strength, His provision, and His protection...walk in that and if it's tiring, stand in that. You have what God says you can have, not the enemy.

Hear my heart tonight, push back if the enemy's pushing you. God has so much more planned for your life, don't waste it being distracted by the enemy. The enemy wants you down, but God said get up in Jesus name. Tell that fear, that insecurity, that anxiety, that doubt, that discouragement, that spirit of oppression and frustration, where they have to go in Jesus name. Get the oil out, stir up the anointing that God has placed inside of you, and fight. God's leading the charge and He's already won the battle!

No comments:

Post a Comment