Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Tuesday Truths vol. 5


Truths this week are from 1 Corinthians 2

3I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.

God equips the called, He doesn't call the equip. I've heard that saying for years and God brought it to mind again while reading this passage. So many times that "thing" we feel we just couldn't do is the very thing God had planned for us to do all along. I've learned the hard way, don't ever tell God you aren't going to do something and definitely do not pray for it ;-) 

14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 15 The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments,

I had to read this passage twice. The second time around I was like Thank you Lord for revelation...I dated this verse. For the last couple of months, I have had a difficult explaining what God had been doing in this journey with Him. I actually wrote out..."That's why it's hard to explain it to someone else!". I've often wondered if someone thought I was crazy when I tried to describe what God was doing in my life. I'm so thankful for friends who have walked the same journey, were there in the moment, and know I'm not crazy, just Spirit filled. So many times the things God reveals to us, the places He takes us, the time spent in His presence....unless that other person was there with us or has experienced it before...words do not always convey the moment. Discernment is a precious priceless gift for children of the Most High. Use it wisely, carry it with care, and know that He gave it to you for a reason. 


1 comment:

  1. Melissa, your posts continue to be so spot on for where I am in my life! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete